The Arke-Fontanot Karina modular space saver stair kit is a unique and stylish solution for narrow access areas, such as lofts or attics. The Karina’s ingenious supporting structure allows complete flexibility in the application, and the Beachwood alternating style treads are appropriately shaped and staggered to guarantee maximum utilization of space, without compromising functionality. Complete with one side handrail, a second side rail is available for those installations not going against a wall. In place of a knee or half wall along your top floor or opening, balcony rail kits of similar materials and finish are available to complete the contemporary appearance of your staircase.
The Karina comes in one box with railings, balusters, and treads. Written instructions and a demonstration video or DVD are included. Basic household tools are all that are needed for assembly.
We’ve made it easy to find even more awesome products with the largest railing and stair catalog resource library online.
Browse here to find the perfect solution for any entryway, staircase, office, exterior, or mixed use projects.
- Length of tread is 21 ¼ inches long. 10 ½ deep front to back on the “step” section.
- Treads are clear sealed solid beech wood, 1 5/8 inches thick.
- With one handrail attachment the width is 22 ½”, with both handrails the overall width is 24″.
- Base attachment and “header” attachment can be mounted into wood or concrete. Anchors for concrete are supplied.
- Weight capacity is 400 pounds.
- The Karina height is from 6′ 10″ to 9′ 3″ with add risers available to reach a maximum height of 10′ 9″.